If your home has more than one story, you likely use your stairs on a daily basis. When was the last time you considered the flooring choices for this high-traffic area? Flooring for your stairs transforms your home and can even improve safety in your household.
If you need to redo your stairs, 50 Floor can help. Our team can review your choices with you in a no-cost consultation so you get the right stair flooring surface for your home and your specific needs.
How To Choose Flooring For Stairs
The best flooring for stairs depends on many factors, including the location and size of the stairs, the specific needs of the household and more. When choosing flooring surfaces for your stairs, you will want to consider:
- Noise. Stairs close to living spaces, like living rooms or dens, may benefit from flooring surfaces that muffle noise, so you don’t hear people heading upstairs and downstairs all the time.
- Safety. One of the biggest factors in choosing your material is safety. Look for surfaces which are not slippery. If you have children in your home or anyone with limited mobility, look for stair floor materials which offer extra traction.
- Traffic. Some stairs are in high-traffic areas and need a durable, easy-to-clean surface that can last for years.
- Style. Consider the space around the stairs and the style and size of the stairs themselves. Wide, sweeping stairs in a traditional home look wonderful in wood or tile. In a carpeted den, carpeting may be more appropriate.
If you’re having trouble picturing your options, contact 50 Floor today to schedule an in-home consultation to take a look at some samples.
The Best Types of Floor Covering For Stairs
There are many staircase flooring materials for your home, and each has its benefits:
- Hardwood. Hardwood stairs have a classic look and work with almost any décor. Hardwood stairs are very durable, and they can be safe if you install no-slip treads or other precautions to keep the polished surface from being slippery.
- Carpet. Carpeted stairs offer more traction than hard surfaces and are softer on the feet. Carpet flooring can also provide more choices in terms of color and pile. You can even choose between a fully carpeted stair or a carpet runner over a wood floor.
- Tile. Tile is best for small stairs and outdoor stairs. Tile can be easy to clean in basements and mud rooms and offers a unique and attractive look.
- Laminate. Laminate is a budget-friendly option with many styles. You can even choose a laminate that looks like wood or one that is textured for more traction. Laminate stairs are easy to clean and easy to replace in high-traffic areas.
The range of stair flooring options means you can get the right floor for your staircase that blends style and function.
Contact 50 Floor to Install Floor Covering Today
50 Floor offers many options so you can choose the safest and most beautiful surface for your stairs. 50 Floor also saves you money and takes care of installation and ordering, so you have more time for your busy life.
Interested in a new flooring surface for your stairs? Our team will bring flooring samples to your home to help you choose the best flooring for covering your stairs. Contact 50 Floor today and schedule a no-cost, in-home consultation with a member of our team.