Vinyl flooring is easy to maintain. Regularly vacuum up dirt and debris to keep it looking its best, and use a damp mop periodically to thoroughly remove any lingering dust or spills.
Luxury Vinyl Flooring
When features like style and affordability are your top priorities, turn to luxury vinyl flooring. Made out of tinted polyvinyl chloride (PVC) chips or other synthetic materials, vinyl flooring options offer classic style and excellent longevity.
With its multilayer design, luxury vinyl flooring is rugged enough to withstand daily wear and tear. Discover how a vinyl floor installation can transform your home today.
Benefits of Luxury Vinyl Flooring
At 50Floor, we sell and install quality luxury vinyl flooring with a backing, top design layer and two protective layers. This structure offers exceptional durability and resistance against scratches and scuffs, and it won’t shrink, crack or warp.
Choosing 50Floor means you’ll also get to take advantage of our seamless shopping process and professional vinyl flooring installers. For a personalized experience, we’ll bring you luxury vinyl floor samples so you can see exactly how each would look in your home with your lighting and decor.
All you have to do is schedule an appointment to get started!
Types of Luxury Vinyl Flooring
At 50Floor, you’ll find several different types of luxury vinyl flooring options:
- Luxury vinyl plank
Luxury vinyl plank (LVP) is designed to replicate authentic hardwood flooring. The planks measure 4 to 12 inches wide and 3 to 4 feet long and seamlessly fit together for a natural look.
- Luxury vinyl tile
Available in classic stone, wood and various textures and finish effects, luxury vinyl tile is a great solution for high-traffic rooms.
Vinyl flooring Maintenance, Durability and Installation
Vinyl flooring is a popular choice among homeowners due to its durability, low cost, and easy maintenance. If you’re considering vinyl flooring for your home, it’s important to know how to properly care for it to ensure it lasts as long as possible.
Maintenance and Durability:
1. Regular Cleaning: One of the best ways to maintain your vinyl flooring is to clean it regularly. Sweep or vacuum the floor to remove any loose dirt or debris, and then use a damp mop or cloth to wipe away any remaining dirt or stains. Avoid using abrasive cleaners and scrub brushes, as these can scratch the vinyl.
2. Protect from Sunlight: Vinyl flooring is prone to fading and discoloration when exposed to direct sunlight for prolonged periods. To protect your vinyl flooring from fading, use curtains or blinds to block out sunlight during the hottest parts of the day.
3. Furniture Pads: To prevent scratches and scuffs on your vinyl flooring, place furniture pads under the legs of chairs, tables, and other heavy furniture. This will help distribute the weight of the furniture evenly and prevent it from scratching or denting the vinyl.
4. Avoid Water Damage: Vinyl flooring is water-resistant but not waterproof. To avoid water damage, clean up spills as soon as they happen, and avoid using excessive amounts of water when mopping the floor.
Vinyl Flooring Lifespan and Installation:
1. Lifespan: The lifespan of vinyl flooring ultimately depends on the quality of the flooring, the amount of foot traffic it receives, and how well it’s maintained. On average, vinyl flooring can last anywhere from 10 to 20 years.
2. Installation: Vinyl flooring is relatively easy to install but can be a bit overwhelming for the weekend warriors. When installing vinyl flooring, it’s important to follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully and to properly prepare the subfloor before installation.
Vinyl flooring is an excellent choice for homeowners who want a long-lasting and low-maintenance option. To ensure that your vinyl flooring lasts for years, it’s important to follow proper maintenance techniques and take steps to protect it. When installing vinyl flooring, it’s crucial to carefully follow the manufacturer’s instructions and prepare the subfloor correctly. This will help ensure a successful installation that will last for a long time.
Flooring to MATCH YOUR STYLE
Luxury Vinyl Flooring FAQs
Interested in learning more about luxury vinyl flooring? Review a few of our most frequently asked questions:
As long as your flooring surface is smooth and level, you likely won’t need an underlay.
If you choose quality vinyl flooring, have it professionally installed and maintain it correctly, it has the potential to last for more than 20 years.
High-quality vinyl and laminate flooring can look similar when professionally installed. Each one has its pros and cons that make it more suitable for some environments and budgets. Vinyl is easier to keep clean, yet you’ll have more options to choose from if you go with laminate flooring.
Quality vinyl flooring is a good choice for homeowners wanting to save money and still have a realistic hardwood flooring option. This flooring works especially well in high-moisture areas like the kitchen or bathroom. It’s also comfortable to walk on.
Luxury vinyl is a type of vinyl that has a tile shape, and vinyl planks come in planks to recreate the look of natural materials.