Many homeowners looking for an attractive, durable option choose vinyl flooring since it is versatile and affordable. The technology used to make vinyl flooring has vastly improved over the years, so more vinyl options are available than ever before. Luxury vinyl plank (LVP) is a type of vinyl flooring that can perfectly replicate other flooring types, such as hardwood. LVP flooring has several grain patterns and colors available, so searching for LVP flooring near you offers plenty of options.
50 Floor has the best LVP flooring available for the high-traffic areas of your home. We will help you understand your options so you will get beautiful LVP flooring at an affordable cost.
What Is Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring?
So what is LVP flooring exactly? Luxury vinyl plank — or LVP — is a type of vinyl flooring manufactured into planks 4 to 12 inches wide and 3 to 4 feet long. These planks mimic the grain pattern, color and texture of wood, creating a convincing alternative. The plank style and variety of design options make LVP luxury vinyl plank a cost-effective alternative to hardwood floors.
LVP flooring has several layers, such as:
- Wear layer: The wear layer is on the top to protect the image layer from the wear and tear of foot traffic. It may have a texture that complements the look of the image layer.
- Image layer: The image layer is the printed image that gives the plank its appearance, including the color and grain.
- Core: The core is the plank’s structure, giving the flooring stability for a sturdy walking surface.
- Backing: The backing is the bottom layer that provides softness and sound absorption qualities.
Luxury vinyl planks can come in styles like:
- Wood: LVP flooring with a wood finish gives you the look of hardwood flooring without the maintenance. Wood-look flooring is available in all the wood grains and colors that hardwood floors have. 50 Floor’s options have grains like oak and walnut as well as tones from light and ashy to rich and dark.
- Stone: LVP flooring can take on the look of stone flooring, such as slate, travertine and concrete. You’ll find many shades, from light beige to dark gray, for the stone look you desire.
- Decorative: Instead of the natural look wood and stone have, decorative LVP has geometric patterns, metallic accents and more designs. There are many decorative finishes available to make an eye-catching addition to your home.
Benefits of Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring
Luxury vinyl plank is one of the most popular flooring options on the market, and it’s easy to see why. It provides homeowners with many unique benefits compared to other flooring types. The advantages of luxury vinyl plank include that it’s:
- Cost-effective: With luxury vinyl planks, you can get a hardwood look at a lower cost. You’ll also save with the low installation costs and maintenance requirements.
- Realistic: LVP flooring can look like wood, stone or many other floor types. As a result, you can have the benefits of luxury vinyl planks with the appearance of another flooring type. Since there are many style and color options, you can easily find the right flooring for your home.
- Waterproof: LVP flooring is thoroughly waterproof once the gaps are sealed during the installation process. The planks will resist moisture to prevent swelling and buckling. This benefit means you can use LVP flooring to bring the hardwood style to rooms not compatible with hardwood, like bathrooms.
- Durable: Because the construction of LVP is rigid, the flooring is very durable. It will resist damage from scrapes, dents and scuffs common in high-traffic areas.
- Maintenance-free: Compared to other flooring types, LVP luxury vinyl plank has virtually no maintenance requirements. You can use a vacuum without a beater bar for dirt, debris and dust and a damp mop for spilled liquids.
- Long-lasting: The best LVP flooring can last for decades — anywhere from 25 to 30 years.
Where to Use Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring in Your Home
The unique benefits of LVP flooring make it an excellent choice for your home. LVP can be laid over old ceramic tile, standard padding, noncushioned vinyl flooring, concrete or wood, as long as it is no more than one layer thick. With proper installation from the experts at 50 Floor, you can install LVP flooring in virtually any room of your home, including the:
- Basement: Since basements are below-grade living spaces, it can be challenging to find flooring made for these conditions. Luxury vinyl planks are the ideal flooring for basements since they are comfortable to walk on, retain heat well, are waterproof and are cost-effective to purchase and install.
- Bathroom: LVP flooring is an excellent way to get the look of a hardwood floor for a bathroom since hardwood is not compatible with the humid, wet bathroom environment. LVP is waterproof to prevent moisture damage and durable to last.
- Kitchen: You need durable floors for your kitchen. With luxury vinyl plank, the planks will not warp if exposed to water. LVP is also softer, warmer and more comfortable to walk on, ideal if you spend hours cooking and socializing in the kitchen.
- Mudroom: These areas are exposed to more water, dirt and debris than other rooms of your home, so mudroom flooring needs to last in these conditions. Luxury vinyl planks are a step up from standard sheet vinyl in visual appeal and durability, and they are waterproof for protection against wet and dirty shoes and clothing.
See the Best LVP Flooring Options in Your Home
50 Floor has several LVP flooring options for your kitchen, mudroom and other rooms in your home. When you schedule your free consultation with us, our flooring professional will bring LVP flooring samples to your home. Our shop-at-home experience will save you time by bringing the best samples to you and make selecting your new flooring easier since you can see exactly how the LVP flooring will look in your home.
During the consultation, our flooring expert will answer all of your questions and help you make the best flooring choice for your home, personal preferences and budget. 50 Floor will take care of every aspect of your flooring project, from quality materials to proper installation.
Schedule an Appointment With 50 Floor Today
50 Floor is a top flooring professional with quality options at competitive prices. We have the best LVP flooring at our 17 locations in the United States and are ready to install this beautiful flooring in your home. We’ll even come to you for your consultation so you can see how our flooring options would look in your space.