Laminate floors are made from synthetic materials processed into a back layer, fiberboard core, decorative layer and a top or protective layer. This type of flooring can look like wood or other materials but is very durable, easy to clean and affordable. 50 Floor offers several styles of laminate, which is one of the most popular options for homeowners looking to redo their floors.
Benefits of Laminate Flooring
The following advantages of laminate flooring make it an ideal option for many homes:
- Durable: These floors thrive in many rooms. Laminate can be made to look like wood or other materials and comes in a rainbow of looks and colors. Laminate floors are made using high heat and pressure, as well as synthetic materials, so they are very durable. Even in high traffic areas and homes with pets and children, laminate flooring can stand the wear and tear with proper maintenance and installation.
- Affordable: Laminate provides great value. If you want beautiful floors, such as wood, but budget is a concern, laminate is a long-lasting solution that costs less. With today’s technology, it’s hard to tell the difference between real wood and laminate at first glance, but there sure is a difference in the price tag.
- Easy to Maintain: Laminate flooring is easy to maintain. If you don’t want to spend hours and days buffing, refinishing and caring for your floor, low-maintenance laminate floors may be the right choice for you. As long as you mop up any grit and avoid letting water gather on the surface, your floor will look great with minimum effort for a long time to come. A damp mop can take care of bigger clean-up jobs, and since laminate is stain-resistant, you don’t have to worry about spot-treatments as much.
- Variety of Choices: You can choose different finishes and styles. Whether you need a coating that offers less risk of slips or want a durable top coat or a specific look, you can generally find it in laminate. You can even choose different AC ratings for durability. Selecting a rating of three or above, for example, is suitable for most homes. 50 Floor can help you select the right options — just schedule a free consultation today to get personalized help.
- Simple to Install: Laminate is relatively easy to install and can be installed on most subfloors, including some pre-existing floors and even concrete. If you can’t install a specific floor because of subfloor issues, consider laminate.
- Allergen-Resistant: These floors are a smart choice for allergy sufferers. Laminate floors do not trap dander, dust, pollen and other common allergens, making them an excellent choice for any homes where allergies are a concern. The underlayment of laminate floors also help prevent moisture from entering under the floors, which can help you avoid mold.
Schedule Your In-Home Consultation
Should You Choose Laminate?
If you’re considering laminate floors, schedule a free consultation with 50 Floor today. Your in-house consultation includes multiple samples brought right to your door, and a consultation with a professional who understands flooring. Your consultation will consider everything, including your budget, style considerations and lifestyle needs, to help you find the right floor for your home.