Whether out of concern about carbon emissions or a desire to save money, many households continually look for ways to buy less gas. Fortunately, today's shopping world offers endless opportunities to get what you need without leaving your house. Explore ways to save money on gas by buying products online or having services performed at your home.
Take Advantage of Amazon and Other Free Shipping Services
Finding a free delivery method provides a great way to save money while shopping online. Many reputable companies today guarantee free shipping:
- Amazon: With an Amazon Prime membership, you can have your order delivered for free in two days. Choosing a slower shipping method or consolidating your orders sometimes comes with various rewards.
- Target: When you spend a minimum of $35 or use a RedCard™, you're eligible for free two-day shipping on hundreds of thousands of items.
- Walmart: With an order of at least $35 and a Walmart Plus membership, you can have free same-day delivery.
Get Groceries and Meals Delivered
Many companies provide a way to get the food ingredients or meals you need with a few clicks of a button on any internet-connected device. Save money on gas when you don't have to leave home to get food thanks to these businesses:
- DoorDash: When you want meals from favorite restaurants or fast-food chains, this service offers free delivery at many locations.
- Instacart: If you want your groceries delivered, this company provides same-day delivery from many stores like Publix. You can even get real-time updates to see when you can expect your order.
- HelloFresh: With nutritious ideas curated for you,this subscription sends you ingredients for recipes to cook at home.
Shop Flooring at Home
Some other ways to shop without leaving home involve having services brought to you. Whether you want to upgrade one room or renovate your whole house, 50 Floor offers an effortless way to get new floors you love and save money on gas. The free consultation process includes:
- Scheduling at your convenience: Decide when you'd like flooring experts to visit your home and book the appointment most convenient for you.
- Wide selection of quality samples: See how different styles of hardwood, laminate, carpet, luxury vinyl and tile look in your home with your lighting and decorations.
- Recommendations tailored to you: Get valuable insight and guidance from experts who help you find the perfect product based on your preferences, lifestyle and budget.
More Ways to Save Money When You Shop at Home
Some companies offer incentives to help you choose their brand over another, and you can use online tools to help you find the best deals. Take advantage of these benefits:
- Download a coupon-finder: The free Honey feature on your browser searches to find the best discounts for online items.
- Sign up for newsletters: Some businesses offer discounts for your email address.
- Price-match products: Many companies offer to match lower prices from other stores.
Shop at Home and Save Money on Gas
When you save money on gas by staying home more often, you'll want to enjoy how your space looks. 50 Floor offers many flooring styles to complement any home, plus special deals and financing options. Contact us for an in-home estimate today!