Modern flooring options give your home a fresh and updated look without the budget needed for a complete overhaul. Newer floors make your home look current because they cover such a large surface and catch the eye. When you enter a room, you can instantly appreciate a modern floor.
New floors can also help your space look larger and more open, which can make your layout look more modern. Even if you have a historic home, by making over the entire floor of a home, you create continuity between rooms, which can make your space look larger.
If you want to update your home’s look or are considering selling and wish to improve the resale value of your property, contact 50 Floor to set up a free appointment to review your options with one of our flooring professionals.
Best Flooring for Resale Value
Using new flooring to modernize your home is also effective if you’re thinking about resale value. Whether you’re thinking of moving or just want to make sure you’re increasing the value of your home, new flooring is a smart investment:
- Hardwood: Homeowners love hardwood floors because they are durable and look stylish with just about any décor. Sellers also love to see hardwood flooring, so this is an option that can have a positive impact on resale value. In addition to solid hardwood, engineered hardwood is very popular for its durability. It is made from compressed layers of wood for added strength.
- Tile: Ceramic and porcelain tiles are timeless and durable. Buyers appreciate their look and elegance, so tile in bathrooms and kitchens will improve resale value for any house or condo.
- Laminate floors: Today’s laminate floors can closely resemble the look of wood, tile, and other popular flooring choices, often for less than tile or hardwood. Waterproof laminate floors are made from synthetic composites and are extremely durable, making them a popular choice.
- Vinyl: This flooring is made from tinted polyvinyl chloride (PVC) and today can be made to look like luxury plank or tile.
- Carpet: There are many carpet choices, including smooth, textured, and other style options. In bedrooms, soft carpet can look very modern.
How to Modernize Your Home With Flooring
There are so many options for what goes under your feet, including many types of flooring and various style, texture and color choices to be made. When choosing, you will want to consider your budget, the style of your home and the décor you have. If you are selling soon, you may want to select a neutral option that will work seamlessly with the buyer’s own look.
If you want to find the right flooring without months of research, schedule a free appointment with 50 Floor. At 50 Floor, we specialize only in floors and our professionals know all the latest styles that are in demand. We can meet in your home for a consultation and even bring samples so you can see exactly what each of the different floor surfaces might look like in your home.