Choosing the right flooring for your kitchen or bathroom is an entirely different process than selecting a floor for any other room in your home. Not only do you need to find a beautiful option that matches your decor and falls within your budget, but you also need to choose a floor that can withstand water and high humidity levels.
From the steam of the stove and shower to the water that spills out of a full tub or sink, your flooring needs to protect your kitchen and bathrooms from a fair share of moisture. The following flooring options are ideal for preserving your kitchen and bathrooms for years to come.
Best Flooring Options for Kitchens
Your kitchen floors will need to be moisture-resistant — but not necessarily quite as resistant as the floors in your bathroom. Here are some long-lasting yet beautiful flooring options for your kitchen:
- Ceramic or Porcelain Tiles: Ceramic and porcelain tiles are designed to look uniform and luxurious while remaining inexpensive. Although both are excellent options for your kitchen, porcelain — a member of the ceramic tile family — is more moisture-resistant, making it an ideal choice if you’re planning to do a lot of cooking.
- Vinyl Sheets, Planks or Tiles: If you want an affordable and moisture-resistant floor that captures the exquisite beauty of natural stone or wood, vinyl is an exceptional choice. This popular flooring has been used for years as a waterproof alternative to hardwood in both kitchens and bathrooms.
- Laminate: Laminate flooring offers the look of hardwood with increased moisture resistance. These ultra-durable floors are also incredibly stain-resistant — a necessity for any serious chef.
- Engineered Hardwood: One of the most popular options on the market today, hardwood floors add an air of class and prestige to your home. However, any type of wood product is prone to water damage, so be sure to keep the spills to a minimum.
Best Flooring Options for Bathrooms
No other room in your home sees quite as much water as your bathroom. So, you’ll need an exceptionally durable bathroom floor, like one of these popular options:
- Vinyl Sheets, Planks or Tiles: Again, luxury vinyl is both gorgeous and practical for any high-moisture area. Sheet vinyl is an especially great choice for children’s bathrooms or other areas where you expect a lot of water to overflow — because of its large size, these sheets have little or no seams for water to seep through.
- Porcelain Tiles: Both ceramic and porcelain tiles are waterproof and cost-effective, but porcelain’s lower water absorption rate makes it a particularly ideal choice for bathrooms.
- Laminate: Because natural wood is more prone to water damage, laminate flooring is a popular alternative for people who want the look and feel of hardwood in the high-humidity areas of their home.
Contact 50 Floor for Your Kitchen and Bathroom Flooring
If you’re looking for the perfect floor for your kitchen or bathroom, look no further than 50 Floor.
Why choose us as your flooring provider? At 50 Floor, we don’t just sell you a floor — we provide a flooring experience you won’t find anywhere else. From our in-home consultation that allows you to view an array of flooring options in your own home — allowing you to see it in the right lighting surrounded by your decor — to exceptional customer care throughout the installation process, we’re here to make sure every step of your floor-buying experience is like no other.
Schedule an appointment today for your free in-home consultation with 50 Floor.