at Incredibly Low Prices
Pick up the phone. We'll be knocking at your door!
What is Wood Laminate?
Laminate flooring offers a wide selection of designs that offer the look and feel of beautiful hardwood.
See also: Tile Laminate
It is actually a composite that's designed to endure more-than-average wear and tear. A direct-pressure manufacturing process fuses four layers into one extremely hard surface. The four layers are:
- Wear Layer - The melamine wear layer is a tough, clear finish reinforced with aluminum oxide, one of the hardest mineral compounds known to man, to resist staining, fading, surface moisture, and wear.
- Decorative Layer - Providing the floor's beauty, the decorative layer is actually a highly detailed photograph that gives the laminate the appearance of wood or tile.
- Fiberboard Core - Ultra dense core board provides impact resistance and stability. It also features an edge sealing treatment that provides even further structural stability.
- Back Layer - The back is reinforced with melamine for structural stability and moisture resistance.
The resulting floor is a technological breakthrough.
There's no staining, no fading, and no wear through. Other noteworthy features:
- Laminate flooring is incredibly durable and stain resistant. Such problem spills as nail polish, grease, and mustard simply wipe off.
- Tongue-and-groove locking technology eliminates unsightly gaps at the seams.
- Ultra durable flooring planks can be taken apart and reassembled if necessary.
- No waiting...you can walk on your floor immediately after installation is complete.